|Close up of the Y axis gib set screws.|
Installation is pretty easy, and I took the time to drill all the holes for my DRO setup before removing the old table from the mill. I also made my standard modifications to the gibs, as described in a previous post.
All in all, I really like this upgrade and it makes the mill nicer to work with. It surprising how much of a difference a couple extra inches makes. My biggest issue with the upgrade was the poor quality of the Y axis dovetails; there is enough variance that you can feel the handwheel get significantly tighter as you move the table toward the column. Fortunately I don't usually move the table that far toward the column, but it's still something I may try to address later.
|The larger table installed. The power feed is visible on its left side.|